Kirstenbosch Summer Sunset Concerts’ vibrant lineup of musical acts complements Cape Town’s favourite season. This Sunday, jive along as Mango Groove brings its unique big band “Marabi-Pop” sounds to the slopes of Table Mountain.
Mango Groove has created music for over 35 years, fusing pop and township rhythms even in South Africa’s most turbulent times.
The band has achieved great success since becoming known as South Africa’s most beloved musical icon thanks to the captivating vocals of lead singer Claire Johnston and the traditional texturing of the penny whistle and Marabi horns.
The group won the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2019 South African Music Awards and has 30 platinum sales in South Africa alone.
Kirstenbosch Summer Sunset Concerts are arranged picnic style, so bring a blanket, pack some snacks and arrive ready to dance!
- Book: Tickets for all performances can be purchased on Webtickets
- Location: Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden | Rhodes Drive, Newlands, Cape Town
- Date: Sunday 15 January
- Time: Gates open at 4pm | Performance starts at 5.30pm
- Contact: 021 799 8783 | [email protected]
Terms and conditions
- All Kirstenbosch concerts take place irrespective of rain.
- Children under 6 years do not require a concert ticket.
- The Kirstenbosch concerts are completely non-smoking events. There are no designated smoking areas.
Picture: Kirstenbosch Summer Sunset Concerts / Facebook